/home/family/trying_to_fly

/home/family/trying_to_fly

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Blessing Day

About a week and a half ago was Strawberry's blessing day. I didn't get many pictures that day, but the next morning I put her back in her blessing dress and had a marvelous time taking a ridiculous number of pictures with my cell phone.

In case anyone hasn't heard the story of the purple crochet blanket that is with Strawberry, here it is: Strawberry looks like my grandmother who passed away last November. The last time I really got to talk to my grandmother was two days after my ultrasound when we were able to confirm that Strawberry would be a little girl; as soon as I told her I was having a girl, my grandmother wanted to be sure that I had a crochet baby blanket from her for this baby. Indeed I did; I'd gotten it from her a little over a year earlier, in anticipation of the little girl we hoped would be joining our family. Also, Strawberry shares a middle name with that same grandmother, so I hope that the blanket will always be very special to her. I know it is to me.

Thank you to everyone who came and shared this wonderful day with us!












No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear and share your comments! But remember, identifying information about the House of Penguin Family won't be published. Thanks!